Dear iCare Member,
Election season is fast approaching with the upcoming Presidential election on November 3, 2020. For your convenience we are supplying you with information on all things voting including registration, absentee and in-person voting. Due to COVID-19 it is strongly suggested that if you are interested in voting in the election that you request an absentee ballot by October 29, 2020 for the November election.
How do I register to vote?
- Register to vote online or by mail up to 20 days before Election Day.
- If you are unsure if you are registered to vote you can check if you are registered to vote at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
- Register to vote in person at your municipal clerk’s office until the Friday before Election Day.
- Register to vote in person at the polls on Election Day You will need to provide proof of residence when registering to vote. Find examples of acceptable proof of residence documents at: https://elections.wi.gov/publications/voter-guides/proof-of-residence
Where can I vote?
Below are some resources in the event that you experience any barriers that may prevent you from participating in voting. Please use any of the resources below:
- If you have complaints about access to voting or believe your voting rights have been violated, ﬁle a complaint with the Wisconsin Election Commission: https://elections.wi.gov/ or
- For help ﬁling a complaint or any disability related voting questions, contact the Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: 844-DIS-VOTE / 844-347-8683.
- Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition:www.disabilityvote.org & www.facebook.com/wisconsindisabilityvote
- Unbiased candidate information: https://www.vote411.org/
- Need help getting an ID or getting to the DMV? Call the Voter ID Coalition for free voter assistance: 608-285-2141
"Know Your Voter Rights," a flyer from the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities, is another helpful guide to learn more about your rights as a registered voter in Wisconsin.
Your iCare Care Team
H2237_IC2473_C DHS Approved BBM 07/27/2020 BAQO 07/27/2020