Here’s what you need to know...
What is COVID-19? This is a new virus that spreads from person to person and causes respiratory illness.
YOU CAN MAKE OTHERS SICK
Even if you don’t feel sick, you can pass the virus to your parents, grandparents, and other family members who can get very ill. These are the best ways to protect yourself and others from getting sick.
- Safer at home! It’s more than just words. It means staying at home for everyone’s protection — and health.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds (sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) especially after sneezing, blowing your nose, coughing or touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue(throw tissue away immediately).
- If you need a prescription that is due for refill — call your pharmacy to request delivery, or call iCare for more assistance on medication delivery.
- If you must go out, please cover your mouth and nose with a
scarf, or cloth mask.
WATCH FOR SYMPTOMS
Fever (100.4° or higher) • Cough • Shortness of breath
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
Stay home, call your provider and report your symptoms. The clinic will give you instructions. Call 911 if you have difficulty breathing, chest pain or confusion.
WHO IS AT HIGH RISK OF GETTING VERY SICK? YOU ARE!
THERE IS NO CURE OR VACCINE FOR COVID-19.
Check out these great resources for more information:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has compiled a list of hotlines, websites, phone numbers and other resources to find where the COVID vaccine is available and how you can sign up!
We care about our Members! The Who, What, When, Where and Why about the vaccine so you are informed.
iCare’s FREE 24 hour Nurse Line is available and ready to answer your COVID-19 questions and assess your symptoms.