As a member, you are entitled to certain rights and services. You also have a responsibility to participate in your health care. A good partnership between you and your health care provider will enhance our ability to provide appropriate services and your ability to receive the maximum benefit from services.
Here is a summary of your rights and responsibilities as a member. To learn more, please refer to your plan documents (Evidence of Coverage and Medicaid-only Member Handbook) on the Member Documents page.
- We must provide info in a way that works for you (in languages other than English, in Braille, in large print, or other formats, etc.)
- We must treat you with fairness and respect at all times
- We must ensure that you get timely access to your covered services and drugs
- We must protect the privacy of your personal health information
- We must give you information about the plan, its network of providers, and your covered services
- We must support your right to make decisions about your care
- You have the right to make complaints and to ask us to reconsider decisions we have made
- Get familiar with your covered services and the rules you must follow to get these covered services
- If you have any other health insurance coverage or prescription drug coverage in addition to our plan, you are required to tell us
- Tell your doctor and other health care providers that you are enrolled in our plan
- Help your doctors and other providers help you by giving them information, asking questions, and following through on your care
- Take good care of the durable medical equipment we provide. Respect the equipment we supply and use it as directed. We do not repair or replace equipment that has been abused, neglected, or misused