iCare provides private family planning services to all members, including minors. If you do not want to talk to your primary care doctor about family planning, call our Customer Service at 1-800-777-4376 x 3066. We will help you choose an iCare family planning doctor who is different from your primary care doctor. We encourage you to get family planning services from a iCare doctor so that we can better coordinate all your health care. You can also go to any family planning clinic that will accept your ForwardHealth ID card, even if the clinic is not part of iCare.
Text4baby seeks to help more pregnant women and new moms increase their knowledge about caring for their health and giving their babies the best possible start in life. It is the first free health text messaging service in the U.S.
Text4baby supports moms by providing quick health info and resources in a channel she knows and uses.
Pregnant women and new mothers who text “BABY” (or “BEBE” for Spanish) to 511411 receive weekly text messages (timed to their due date or their baby’s birth date) up until baby’s first birthday.
The free Text4baby app makes it easy for you to learn health and safety tips and access fun features, including:
- How your baby is growing each week
- Your progress updates
- Fun quizzes
Learn more about the free Text4baby app or download it below.
Reproductive Life Planning (RLP)
What is it?
Reproductive Life Planning offers help based on how you answer this question: Would you like to become pregnant in the next year?
- If you’re not sure, learn how to prevent pregnancy and/or prepare for a healthy pregnancy.
- If no, and you want to prevent pregnancy, there are many safe and effective birth control options. When choosing a birth control, a few things to consider are:
- Your current health.
- How often you have sex.
- How often you can visit a health center.
- How effective the method is at protecting against pregnancy?
- If yes, your health before you become pregnant is critical for a healthy pregnancy and baby. If you want to get pregnant soon, a few things to consider are:
- Start taking a folic acid or vitamin daily.
- Make sure any health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, or blood pressure, are being managed.
- Ask if the drugs you are taking are safe during pregnancy.
Whether or not you want to become pregnant, let’s get you connected to a provider. Call iCare to speak to us about an RLP at 1-800-777-4376 x 3066 or complete the online form by clicking the button below.
Complete the RLP Form
iCare for Mom & Baby
At Independent Care Health Plan (iCare), we care about keeping you and your family healthy. iCare for Mom and Baby is a free program offered to iCare BadgerCare Plus members.
Services offered include:
- Before birth
- After delivery
- Local resources
- Care for your baby
- Quitting smoking
- 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
Learn more about the iCare for Mom and Baby Program.
IC200 V2 DHS Approved 10/16/20
Last Updated 10/19/20